The 2013 North Carolina Legal Feeding Frenzy is over. All that’s left now, in addition to distributing approximately 180,000 pounds which will provide the equivalent of 150,000 meals for our hungry neighbors across the state, is to recognize the winners.
Attorney General Roy Cooper did just that on Wednesday, April 24, when the coveted Attorney General’s Cup was presented to the overall champion during an awards ceremony at the N.C. Bar Center in Cary.
The Piedmont Natural Gas Legal Department of Charlotte claimed the overall championship and will receive the Attorney General’s Cup.
Winners in their respective categories, based on pounds of food donated per person, are:
- Sole Practitioner (1-10 employees): Simonsen Law Firm, PC, Edenton
- Small Firm (11-50 employees): District Court Judges of Wake County
- Medium Firm (51-100 employees): Blanco Tackabery & Matamoros, P.A., Winston-Salem
- Large Firm (more than 100 employees): Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Law School: Campbell University School of Law
The North Carolina Feeding Frenzy food drive was conducted from March 18-April 5 under the direction of the NCBA Young Lawyers Division and the N.C. Association of Food Banks.
Both organizations extend their appreciation to Attorney General Cooper for his support of this endeavor and to the hundreds of attorneys and law firm/organization employees who participated in this worthwhile cause.
For a complete list of participants go to: http://ncfoodbanks.org/feeding-frenzy-participants/